Numerous studies have shown that hypnotherapy is an effective tool to help to deal with both physical and mental issues.
Hypnotherapy is a therapeutic practice that uses guided hypnosis to help a client reach a trance-like state of inner absorption, concentration, and heightened suggestibility. This state is similar to being completely absorbed in a book, film, music, or even one’s own thoughts or daydreaming. In it, a person is unusually responsive to an idea or image, but they are not under anyone’s “control.” Instead, a trained hypnotherapist can help clients in this state relax and turn their attention inward to discover and utilize resources within themselves that can help them achieve desired behavioural changes or better manage pain or other physical concerns. Eventually, a client learns how to address their states of awareness on their own and, in doing so, gain greater control of their physical and psychological responses.
A hypnotherapist is in the medical field, recognized as an alternative healthcare professional. Hypnotherapy is a wonderful evidence-based, non-medication and, most importantly, a side effect free intervention. It can be implemented in:
- Medically Unexplainable Somatic Symptoms that include pain complaints, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome (read here), lower abdominal complaints,
- Pain Management in number of health related issues. Read more here.
- Stress and Anxiety Management, past traumas and PTSD, excessive fear, grief, and burnout.
I am a professionally trained certified hypnotherapist. I am registered with:
- CAT vergoedbaar and Vektis register. (This means that my sessions are REIMBURSABLE by Dutch insurance companies. Please check your insurance plan for alternative care coverage.)
- International Board of Hypnosis
- National Guild of Hypnotists.
The insurance companies that reimburse my hypnotherapy sessions in 2023 for clients who are additionally insured for alternative medicine are:
CZ, Ohra, CZdirect, Nationale Nederlanden Zorg, Zilveren Kruis, Avero Achmea, FBTO, OZF, Menzis, PMA, Anderzorg, ONVZ, PNOzorg, VvAA and De Friesland.